Braun ThermoScan® 7+ ear thermometer - fast, gentle and easy to use.
The definition of fever changes with age*. The Braun ThermoScan® 7+ features the patented Age Precision® Technology - an age-adjustable fever guidance that takes age into account to take the guesswork out of temperature measurement. The thermometer comes with night mode that features light for easy use in the dark and silent mode for avoiding wake-ups.
- Trust the No. 1 brand used and recommended by doctors**
- Age Precision® Technology: age-adjustable fever guidance with a colour-coded display
- Night mode: Light for easy use in the dark and silent mode for avoiding wake-ups
- Wide-angle probe: Accurate measurements for the whole family, including newborns
- Patented pre-warmed tip: The tip warms up to 34⁰C to ensure gentleness and professional accuracy by eliminating cooling effect in the ear
- ExacTemp® Stablity Indicator: confirms the stable position of the device and an accurate reading with a light and beep
- Braun Hygiene caps: Works with Braun Hygiene caps disposable probe covers to avoid cross-contamination and ensure hygienic use.
1x Braun ThermoScan® 7+ Ear thermometer IRT6525, 1x Protective case, 21x Disposable Hygiene caps, 2x AA batteries
*Herzog L, Phillips S. Addressing Concerns About Fever. Clinical Pediatrics. 2011; 50(#5): 383-390.
**Of the 38% (302 of 801) of respondents who recommend a certain brand. Source: Ipsos, online study among n=801 GPs and Pediatricians in four European markets (n=200 each in DE, UK, FR, NL), fielded in March-May 2020.
Suitable for all ages
How to use
1. Remove the thermometer from the protective case
2. Push the Power button
3. Place a new Hygiene cap on the probe
4. Select age with Age Precision button. Press button to toggle through each age group
5. Fit the probe snuggly into the ear canal and direct towards opposite temple
6. Push and release the start button
7. The confirmation beep indicated that an accurate temperature measurement has been taken
8. Read temperature on the screen
Hazards and Cautions
- Please consult your physician if you see symptoms such as unexplained irritability, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, changes in appetite or activity, seizure, muscle pain, shivering, stiff neck, pain when urinating, etc. in spite of any colour of the background light or absence of fever.
- Please consult your physician if the thermometer shows elevated temperature (yellow or red background lights).
The operating ambient temperature range for this thermometer is 10 – 40 °C (50 – 104 °F). Do not expose the thermometer to temperature extremes (below -25 °C / -13 °F or over 55 °C / 131 °F) or excessive humidity (>95% RH).
This thermometer must only be used with genuine Braun ThermoScan disposable Hygiene caps (LF 40).
To avoid inaccurate measurements always use this thermometer with a new, clean Hygiene cap attached.
If the thermometer is accidentally used without a Hygiene cap attached, clean the lens (see «Care and cleaning» section).
Keep Hygiene caps out of reach of children.
This thermometer is intended for household use only. This product is not intended to diagnose any disease, but is a useful screening tool for temperature. Use of this thermometer is not intended as a substitute for consultation with your doctor.
Do not modify this equipment without authorization of the manufacturer.
Parents/guardians should call the pediatrician upon noticing any unusual sign(s) or symptom(s).
For example, a child who exhibits irritability, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, seizure, changes in appetite or activity, even in the absence of fever, or who exhibits a low temperature, may still need to receive medical attention.
Children who are on antibiotics, analgesics, or antipyretics should not be assessed solely on temperature readings to determine the severity of their illness.
Temperature elevation as indicated by Age Precision may signal a serious illness, especially in adults who are old, frail, have a weakened immune system, or neonates and infants. Please seek professional advice immediately when there is a temperature elevation and if you are taking temperature on:
- neonates and infants under 3 months (consult your doctor immediately if the temperature exceeds 37.4 °C or 99.4 °F)
- patients over 60 years of age patients having diabetes mellitus or a weakened immune system (e.g. HIV positive, cancer chemotherapy, chronic steroid treatment, splenectomy)
- patients who are bedridden (e.g. nursing home patient, stroke, chronic illness, recovering from surgery)
- a transplant patient (e.g. liver, heart, lung, kidney)
Fever may be blunted or even absent in elderly patients.
This thermometer contains small parts that can be swallowed or produce a choking hazard to children. Always keep the thermometer out of children’s reach.